Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My first post

So I started a blog about screenwriting and this is it. There's a lot of good ones out there already, but if there's one thing I've learned about the film business, it's that there's as many roads in as people in it.  I figure one more documented journey won't hurt, and maybe even someone will learn a thing or two from my travels as I have from so many gracious and open others.  I think if there's one theme that I'd like to stick to in this blog it would probably be no bullshit. I feel like a lot of the film business suffers from enough bullshit already.  Or is it that people wanting to get into the business love the smell of bullshit more than they do hard work and persistence?  From my perspective, what might feel like progress can actually be straight masturbation, and if there's one thing I don't want to become, it's a professional masturbator.  So I try to see things clearly, for what they are, and I hope this blog will reflect that.  Ultimately, I believe the quality of my screenwriting depends on my ability to do just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment